* 2 uncooked chicken breasts cut into 1" cubes
* 1 lb andouille sausage, sliced (do not substitute for that kiebalsa crap)
* 28 oz can diced tomatoes drained
* 1 onion, chopped (i omitted it b/c mr. j is weird and hates them)
* 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 C chopped celery (you can also omit)
* 1 C chicken broth
* 2 t oregano
* 2 t dried parsley
* 2 t Cajun seasoning
* 1/4 - 1/2 t cayenne pepper
* 1/2 t thyme
* 1 lb frozen cooked shrimp (raw or cooked - raw means you just add a little earlier that indicated in directions below), cut tails off
Mix all BUT shrimp in slow cooker and cook for 7 hrs on low. Mix shrimp in the last 30 min.
Stovetop version was here:
|Looks good, although the bourbon chocolate pie is what I really would like to know more about!
And I love how you only put the shrimp in for the picture and then removed them...
|thanks. i am going to try it! yes what about the chocolate pie recipe!?|
|I think Bourbon Chocolate pie would be delightful after this dinner, but only a sliver!
Bourbon chocolate pie
1 (9 inch) pie shell
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup bourbon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
In a small saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter or margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter or margarine melts and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.
In a large bowl combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and golden. May be served warm or chilled.
|Otherwise known in Kentucky as "Derby Pie"! YUM!|
|Everything souds delish!!!!!|
|would the shrimp over cook in the crock????|
|I wondered that too, but that's why the recipe says not to add until the last 30 min.|
|Thanks Mrs.J I guess I would wait to put it in 20 min before but this is a yumo!!!!!!|
|Didn't find exactly what you're looking for? Search again here:
Identifying Ticks info